Re: Swaps

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Swaps
From: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 09:05:09 -0700

> Gee whiz.  Kind of harsh, don't you think, Bill.  Let they guy enjoy the
> car he wants to drive.  Enough negative stuff happening without being
> blasted in ones hobby.
>
> Philip
> Burgundy 1974 Midget
I think what Bill is saying is there aren't that many "A"S around and it
would be a crime if the car  got ruined by someone trying to put
aV8 in it and screwed it up.How many "half -done "conversions have we
seen and most are done by some shadetree mechanic who ruins the original
car when he starts torching and chopping the car up to try and squeeze
in a V8 and finally gives up leaving a mess!Now I saw a good conversion
at Moss festival last tear it was un believable an A with a blown V8
slicks etc but it wasn't an A it had lost all the spirit that we love in
these cars a lot of people were gawking at it but no one thought it was
neat.It was like putting Dolly Parton in a tutu a freak show!My advise
is if it is a really nice A put a really nice A engine in it(or a B if
you want a bit more power)
Just my .02 worth Pat