Re: Swaps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Swaps
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 13:53:30 -0500
There was a guy at the NAMGAR GT at INDY in the late 80s with an MGA
with a 351 Ford V8 with automatic. I think he was from Kentucky or
Tennessee. he had to shoe horn it in. Had to widen the frame and body
about 6". Widened the windshield and the body on either side of the
bonnet. Had a Nerf type front bumper. He did a great job on it.I've got
some pictures somewhere.

Last I heard, he took the V-8 out. I heard the car is sitting. The
brakes weren't up to the power and weight. Also the frame certainly
wasn't up to the power. Got real skiddish and unmanageable!

If you wan't more power, stick with an early "B" engine IMOH.

Chuck Schaefer