Re: Carb Question + List Traffic

To: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Question + List Traffic
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 12:35:30 +0200
At 17:45 04-07-1998 -0700, you wrote:
>Ross,
>
>I'm having a problem with the 73B.  Idles fine and runs great at upper RPMs
>(above 2500).  But when I give it gas below 2000-2500 RPM, it stumbles
>(e.g., when I'm accelerating from a stop).

Nick,

Had the same problem with my 70 B for _years_.
Couldn't find the cause. Re-adjusted valves, carbs, ignition etc.

One day, I checked the resistance of the H.T. spark plug cables.
Found a very high resistance. Replaced the cables, that solved the problem!

Bert

For the U.S. listers only (the majority):

>From the traffic op this list it is obvious that the 4th of July is a national
holiday, it seems that more messages have been posted than normally during
the weekend...

The financial section of my newspaper says Wall Street (NYSE) was closed Fri
July 3rd
because of the celebration of Independence Day on July 4th.
I don't understand. Can anyone explain this to me? TIA.

Bert