Parades

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parades
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:21:09 EDT
<<My 52TD (Lazarus) will be leading the parade today in Plymouth, Mass., also
known as America's Hometown. When someone recognizes the fact that it's a
British car I give them my standard retort, "It's the spoils of war".
Have a safe and sane Fourth.
Bud Krueger>>

You shouldn't have any problems with a TD, Bud. They are pretty simple and
rugged. I was crazy enough a few years ago when invited to use my Jensen
Interceptor convertible as a parade vehicle for a council member that I knew
(I am on council in a nearby area), to agree to do it even though the car
hadn't been out yet that summer. All went well in the parade, but on the way
home afterwards, the dreaded Lucas bug caused the electric fan relays to cease
functioning.
 No problem, as I drove home on the highway and attended to the contacts
later, but I always wondered what I would have doen if it had happened during
the parade. I could have either let the engine cook and perhaps seize, or
taken off from the parade with my councillor in a cloud of steam, either way
pretty embarrassing!

Bill S.