Swaps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Swaps
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:29:35 EDT
<<Now I saw a good conversion
at Moss festival last tear it was un believable an A with a blown V8
slicks etc but it wasn't an A it had lost all the spirit that we love in
these cars a lot of people were gawking at it but no one thought it was
neat.It was like putting Dolly Parton in a tutu a freak show!>>

Nice picture, Pat. Perhaps we should star another thread - bad engine swaps I
have seen.
Let me start - I saw a TR3 with a 283 in it. The guy had it running OK, but
because of the added length of the engine, he had to remove the front
crossbrace between the front suspension towers. When I saw it, he was trying
to figure out why the front wheels were takning on more and more camber as the
suspension towers slowly folded in toward each other. I would add that he did
think that it looked good though!
Made me sorry I wasn't around when the inevitable happened and the suspension
collapsed when he punched it one day.

I did see one well done MGA conversion, which is _not_ easy to do by the way,
and the result was a bit cobra-ish.

Bill S.