MGB Trailer...Now a Reality!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Trailer...Now a Reality!!
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 07:48:30 -0500
Hey Listers:

You may recall several months ago I was contemplating the creation of a MGB
trailer.   (For those of you who have concerns about a good MGB roadster
going down the tubes for this project, I can tell you that this '71 B  was
severely ruined in a front end accident prior to my intrusion.)  Well,
yesterday I painted the finished product Tartan Red, to match my '67 GT.
What a huge amount of work this has been!  My wife often states that I'm a
pro at "over simplification" and it turns out after all these years that I
finally agree with her!

"Yep, won't take that long, just get the sawzall out and chop off the old
roadster at the B posts, then you're practicfally done!"  I DO remember
making that statement llong ago!  The *pressure is on* now to finish all
the appointments in time to make the journey down south for the Moss
Festival.  Still have trunk carpeting, trim strips, bumper/overrider,
tailights, wiring tasks, etc. yet to finish. =20

Making the first one is always the most difficult.   I'd estimate that I
have *at least* 40 hours of work in this project...much more than I would
have ever estimated.  The trailer will be for sale at the Moss Festival;
final selling price is yet to be determined (I have the not-so-fun taks of
adding up all the receipts!).  I hope to get a few jpeg photos on my
website after the Moss event...sorry I don't have them available at this
time. =20

Still have yet to recover from this experience, but I will probably make a
few more of these trailers, depending on the demand.  I am also considering
selling complete build plans for other do-it-yourselfers!  I currently have
a rubber bumper B, another chrome bumper B and a MGA Coupe (was rolled
years ago...not repairable), the rear half of a Mk I Mini, an Austin
America and a few other potential donors waiting in the wings for a new=
 life!

Thanks again to the many of you who encouraged me along the way!
Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA=A0 USA=A0=A0=A0 http://www.BritishPartsandCars.com=20