Re: MGA SU Carbs...

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: MGA SU Carbs...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:33:09 -0400
Michael Graziano wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Have to opportunity to pick up a pair of SU carbs off a late
> 50's MGA what is WAY beyond restoration (It has a fiberglass
> body in the wrong shape (i thought A's were unibody) and no
> interior or unrusted metal).  Would I be able to use these
> carbs instead of my ZS on my '78 Midget.  If so,  what do I
> need other than the carbs (i.e. intake manifold?)

  Manifold, heat shield, throttle linkage, and new needles.

  Everything but the needles and manifold can be fabricated.

  However, if the car is in that shape, the carbs might be
pretty junky as well. You might be better off trying to
source a pair of nice HS4s from a junkyarded B that was
trashed for an accident or other reason than "abuse". They
would be much closer in style and vintage to the original
style twin SU carbs.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/