Epilogue to "Help someone tried to steal my car"

Subject: Epilogue to "Help someone tried to steal my car"
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 98 11:53:12 -0700
First of all, thanks to everyone who offered recommendations, advice and
condolences. It took a month to get everything sorted out. But I'm very
pleased with the results. Here are the few things I learned in the
process:

1) Clear coats are the lazy painter's way out. It seemed like every body
shop wanted to use a clear coat. I discovered that they do that to cover
up the blending if they can't get the color to match. (Needless to say, I
nixed anyone who mentioned clearcoat.)

2) Butt matching a color is possible. You just have to get the paint to
match. Which I did. As a result, I only had to get the bottom half of my
door painted. And I have no dry paint edge to show up a year from now.

3) Those spectrometers are mighty accurate. (At least with a
non-metallic, single-stage color.)  The color they mixed up was spot on.
I took a bit of the toners, too. But we didn't need them.

4) Even an Moss lock can be rekeyed. Like the originals, they're not the
best in the world.  But for $34 my keys (and locks) match.

Now, I need to get a kill switch and life will be back to normal. Or at
least as close to it as I'll ever get.

Thanks again.

Joseph
67 Roadster