Re: Barney, also MGA oil pan removal

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Barney, also MGA oil pan removal
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:51:56 -0700 (PDT)
I want to add my 2 cents and note that Barney's replies are what I look for
from
this list. No insults, just good answers based on experience and knowledge.

I'd like to add that I have removed the oil pan with engine installed a few
times in my MGA. First time was the worst. DPO had installed long bolts in the
front. Now I have slightly shorter bolts in the front, gives me just the
fraction of space needed to get them out a little easier. (Something to keep in
mind if you are assembling an engine on a stand just in case one ever needs to
drop the pan later.)

Eric <ejrussell@sprynet.com>
Bridgewater, MA

<snip>
Subject: Barney
Hi - after reading the three replies by Barney Gaylord to various problems
and questions from fellow listers, I felt I must express my thanks to
Barney for his succinct and well thought out answers.  Barney brings a
lot to this list, and I for one, am grateful for his presence - thanx
Barney.
<end snip>