Re: turbo'd V8s

To: Charles N Horton <carolus@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: turbo'd V8s
From: Len Drake <drake@direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:23:41 -0700
Charles - don't know whether or not I can help you on that one - the
motor was still strong when I sold the car, but can't recall how many miles
on it.

The robustity (?) of the engine without the turbo is certainly well proved.
I have a Morgan +8 and a TR8 and my son has a 215 in his MGB that has
been there for about 15 years.  Both the Morgan and the MGB have been
slalomed regularly for ten years without any ill effects.

Cheers,

Len Drake
Kelowna, B.C.

P.S. Our next slalom car is to be a 1964 GSM Dart, built in S. Africa that
originally used Anglia 105E running gear with twin 40 Webers and had a
total                weight of 975 lbs.  After we install the 215 in this
one, we expect to have                about 200 + h.p. in a car with a
weight of still under 1000 lbs.  I don't
anticipate the need for a turbo on this one.