Re: Brakes on 69B

To: "Frank W Phillips JR" <FWP@vpha.health.ufl.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Brakes on 69B
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@mailexcite.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:10:00 -0700
Frank,Bob,List,

I have a set of brake lines on my 73B in stainless
steel from Classic Tube and Line.

They are a bit pricey, but they fit perfectly-
even the one that snakes around the crossmember.
Best of all, they wont rust.  They also offer
clutch lines in stainless for the B.

I am using slicone fluid and one of the flares
weeped fluid for a while.  Classic offered to send
me a replacement for free.  John Twist suggested
that I TIGHTEN it down and it seeems to have sealed.

Also, someone mentioned that MG brakelines should
be doubleflared; not to sure about that.  Most
british lines I've seen have ISO or bubble flares
on them (pardon the cheesy ascii art):

Not this:     \\   //   But this:     /   \
                | |                   \   /

--Scott

---
Scott Hower -> howersl@mailexcite.com