Re: MGA disc brake question

To: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Subject: Re: MGA disc brake question
From: Sam Snow <snowsam@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:29:14 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com wrote:
<snip>
> Is it worthwhile to spend an extra hundred bucks and get steel braided
> cables, or are they not really worth the expense for normal driving?

Steel braided cables are nice b/c they don't expand under pressure like
rubber ones do, giving you a firmer brake pedal.
The main disadvantage (besides price) that I know of is they are more
prone to fail without warning. That would be no fun. Rubber lines are
obvious visually when old and cracked... and supposidly leak slower when
they do go.

> Does anyone sell drilled discs (to dissapate heat faster)?  Moss doesn't
> have them.  Opinions?

Unless you are racing that would be pretty silly (IMHO). You don't need
them...
If you are intested in still persuing that option, I make have the names
of some places that might have them....

Sam Snow