MGA disc brake question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA disc brake question
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:03:20 -0400
My MGA needs some brake work.  I have discs in front, drums in the rear.
When braking, you feel a pulse, that seems to feel like the discs are out
of round.
If you only apply the hand brake, you just slow down, so it seems to be
only the discs.

I miked the left front, and it's .329".   Manual says it should be .330 to
.340 minimum, so it looks like I need to replace them.

Is there anything I should get besides the discs?  In the diagrams, I see
no seals or anything else.

Is it worthwhile to spend an extra hundred bucks and get steel braided
cables, or are they not really worth the expense for normal driving?

Does anyone sell drilled discs (to dissapate heat faster)?  Moss doesn't
have them.  Opinions?

thanks much,
Dave Iwansky

'62 MGA 1600 MkII