Re: Synthetic oil opinions solicited

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil opinions solicited
From: Steve Shoyer <steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 19:03:13 -0400
Bill:

I'm planning to put synthetic oil in my 1980 MGB.  I have a friend at work
who's a fanatic about synthetic oil, and he made me feel like I was a bad
person because I didn't have it in all my cars.  He likes Amsoil, and he's
ordering some 20W-50 for me with his next order.  It (and a new filter)
should arrive in a few weeks; I'll let you know how I make out.

Speaking of the cost of oil coolers, I saw a product blurb for something
that looks like a heat sink for oil filters.  It's a jacket with fins that
wraps around the oil filter and is supposed to reduce the oil temp up to 18
degrees, or something like that.  The cost is around $20, so I might give
it a shot.

--Steve