Next problem...

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Next problem...
From: "Don Olan" <dolan@macn.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 18:29:58 -0700
Firstly, thank to those who responded and helped with my cooling problems.
So far, I have shorted across the terminals and have the fan running all
the time while the key is on. This will be changed to a relay across the
thermocouple ASAP.

Now, I thought I had fixed my brakes by cutting a piece of the hose off the
line to the servo and making it work again. They are MUCH better, but the
pedal fades/sinks to the floor if I hold the brakes on. The Reservoir is
full, and not dropping, no obvious leaks of fluid, so I feel it is an air,
or vacuum leak somewhere in the servo or master cylinder.
Does anyone have any suggestions where I would look, and how I would
diagnose it without tearing everything out and replacing all those
expensive parts?

By the way, car is a '79 MBG LE.

Thanks again in advance for any help you cna offer. My repair manual is on
order, and my catalogue arrived from Moss today, and one is on eh way from
Octagon in Vancouver. That should help, but I WANT TO DRIVE IT NOW!
:-}
Don Olan
'63 Hillman Minx
'80 MGB LE (#174 of 250)