Floor pan rust

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Floor pan rust
From: "Gary A. Graham" <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 01:44:50 -0400
Hello listers!

I pulled the seats and carpet today and found (gasp) rust! There are
several small holes in the raised portions (started where the edge of
the sound deadening pad is) but both sides seem quite strong, yet. I can
stand/jump on them without falling through. Is it ok to treat the rust
(POR) and then epoxy/glass the pans? Seems like replacing the pan would
be overkill. The sills are fine-- no rust near them.

BTW, I checked the Moss price for the sill covers (rubber). Yikes! Are
they serious?

The fuel tank repair went quite well. I cleaned up the metal and
patched/filled with lead.

Gary
74 mgb (still finding leaks in the intake manifold from PO desmogging .
. . .