Floor pan rust

Subject: Floor pan rust
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 98 09:46:34 -0700
<SNIP>
>Is it ok to treat the rust
>(POR) and then epoxy/glass the pans? Seems like replacing the pan would
>be overkill.

I used POR-15 a few months back. I had one hole about the size of a
pencil point. They sold me some really thin fiberglass material. I cut a
1"x1" piece, laid it into the wet POR-15 an painted over it. That area's
now as hard as a rock.  And the stuff is tough. While installing the
carpet kit, I accidently dropped a screwdriver point down onto the
surface and it didn't even leave a scratch.

>BTW, I checked the Moss price for the sill covers (rubber). Yikes! Are
>they serious?

Yes. But it's worth it. (One of the few things from Moss that actually
fits.)

Good Luck

Joseph
67 Roaster