Renew or Reuse?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Renew or Reuse?
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 08:31:41 -0700
Dear All,

Wow, what a response to my comment over keep parts in use! There were a
few questions in the replies...

Q) "I have never relined a clutch....how long does it last?"
A) I have been doing this for many years, my '64 Magnette has one of my
 DIY plates in, and has covered 33,000 miles on it.My
'52 YB also has one fitted, but only 5,000 miles so far. Both cars have
DIY relined brakes, and these last as long as any others.

Q) " Do you have a source for 'D' type and 'LH' overdrive clutches?"
A) Lancaster Vintage have HUGE stocks, they may well keeps such items,
   44 01524 423453, fax 831953. With scarce bits I have often found that
the repair people will not supply us public direct,( ie steering box
bits for the Farina Magnettes....)

As many say, the savings in costs is huge, if you are capable of reusing
items......'YB' clutch for instance, £10($16) compared to £60 ($96). In
the States I bet these prices are even higher.

Neil.