Re: More Brakes - Blue Sticky Substance?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Brakes - Blue Sticky Substance?
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:37:08 -0400
At 12:39 PM 7/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>   One thing you didn't mention is the type of brake
>fluid you used when you rebuilt the system. On his site
>Twist mentions a problem when using silicone fluid
>with the rubber seal on the master cylinder swelling
>from the silicone, not allowing the piston to fully retract
>and therefore not exposeing the bleed hole for the
>fluid pressure to equalize when the brakes are
>released.  He also mentions a fix if this is the case,
>you might want to check it out.
>
>Good luck,
>Harlan.

Harlan,

I used Castrol GTLMA brake fluid on advice of the list.  Definitely not
silicon.  However, I did flush the system first with rubbing alcohol before
refilling with the Castrol.  Does anyone think I would have any problems if
there were still a little alcohol in the lines?  I'll try to find Twist's
site just to read up on the silicon fix.  I think I saved the URL somewhere.

Thanks,
Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget