Here's how we can share all our MG photos!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Here's how we can share all our MG photos!
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:04:24 -0400
You listers oughta like this...

I was thinking about all the photos everyone must have of their cars, and
how we should share them, just for the fun of it... then Ben Ruset said he
would post photos of Hagerstown to his web page... and with amazing
synchronicity, I had been thinking about seeing everyone else's cars too.

About a week ago, I posted some pics of my MGA, along with several
"altered" versions of it in alt.binaries.pictures.autos.  I'd like to see
what others are driving, and there is no rule in the FAQ for that group
that says we can't post scads of pics, nor is it even moderated.

As I think about it, I would be willing to scan photos for list members if
I'm not too inundated.  I have an excellent scanner and could post them to
that newsgroup.

You could then download them for viewing, saving to disc, printing, etc...

Any takers?   Here's what to do.

First e-mail me at baldycotton@mindspring.com.  I will e-mail you my
snail-mail address. (I don't want to post it for the entire world.)  You
then mail me a photo or two.  Make sure they are packaged well for mail.

I will scan and upload them onto alt.binaries.pictures.auto for everyone to
see.  I think it would be fun.  We could also post info along with them,
such as works in progress and interesting facts.

I will return the photos only if you send a SASE.  If you want a blurb
along with the pic, write it out on paper.  Put a name with the picture,
like  Smith62MGA#1
I will then call the photo   Smith62MGA.jpg   so your PC will display the
photo.

I can also manipulate the pic's, but that takes a lot of time, and I'll
prolly do it now and then just for fun.

So tody I scanned a pic I took of a nice looking front end at the Westwood
NJ show. I called it MGtest.jpg.   Anyway, go there and take a look.  Then
let me know what you think.

Dave Iwansky
'62 MGA 1600 MkII