HAGERSTOWN AND MG 98

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HAGERSTOWN AND MG 98
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:18:56 -0400
Not much more to add to Dan and Doug's glowing reports.  Had a fantastic
time again this year as I do every year at the annual Convention.
Afraid that next year in Vancouver is going to be a stretch but Im
checking out the possibility of shipping the car on the Canadian Rail
system and flying out - but have a feeling that the cost is going to be
prohibative.

One thing I would like to mention for those of you who left after the
show and didnt stick around for the banquet.  If you will remember the
mineral Blue MGC GT from London Ontario - which was a georgeous car and
was a sure thing for first in its class and didnt win any prize - well
it seems that there was an error made in counting the ballots or the
number of the car and it turns out that the car actually took 1st Place
in its class.

NAMGBR Chairman Robin Weatherall was great on stage with the band at the
banquet - Robin I understand formerly played with Joe Cocker!!

Im off to Ottawa Canada for a few days of relaxation on Wednesday -
driving the GT of course.

Cheers

Rick
<http://home.ptd.net/~mgrick/council.htm>