Re: Sermon on Abusing Collector Plates

To: William.Elliott@mail.mei.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sermon on Abusing Collector Plates
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:02:19 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-14 14:46:54 EDT, William.Elliott@mail.mei.com writes:

<<
 I had a 64 Impala SS for sale in a car corral at a MD
 car show.  Of course I was running "collector" plates
 which gets one around the almost-criminal MD state
 inspection program.

 Guy comes up and asks how often the car is driven.
 I answer (honestly) "It's so reliable I use it for a
 daily driver."  He looks at the plates and says "Is
 that so?" and commences to break out a badge....

Gee, It was too bad he wasn't a Peace Officer and could arrest
you for violation of Motor Vehicle Laws.  If you are so 'cheap' as
to HAVE to purchase  "collector" plates you do not belong in the
hobby [IMHO, of course!!].  I would have loved to have seen (as
here in IL a $ 75.00 ticket issued for a $ 24.00 plate that would
have normally cost $ 48.00) you have to pay.

Ed