Re: Sermon on Abusing Collector Plates

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sermon on Abusing Collector Plates
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 01:41:11 -0400
>Gee, It was too bad he wasn't a Peace Officer and could arrest
>you for violation of Motor Vehicle Laws.  If you are so 'cheap' as
>to HAVE to purchase  "collector" plates you do not belong in the
>hobby [IMHO, of course!!].  I would have loved to have seen (as
>here in IL a $ 75.00 ticket issued for a $ 24.00 plate that would
>have normally cost $ 48.00) you have to pay.

You know, Ed, you're really not worth anything to this list. And I'm beginning
to think that you're not worth much to the hobby, either. Or the human race.

While you may own a shop, and have untold decades of MG experience, your only
advice to the list is to tell someone that they are stupid for doing something
a certain way, usually the way that you disagree with it.

With an attitude like that, it's a wonder that people come to you to have work
done on their cars. Personally, if I had a choice to let my MG go up in flames
or let you work on it, I'd be toasting marshmallos on it as it burned. Your
sour attitude and deragitory tone add nothing to this list, excepting to serve
as a guideline for people not to follow.

People can and do buy collector plates - more often than not to take advantage
of special insurance policies than to 'beat the system.' However, in Ed world,
it must be a crime if one does something that the Grand Master (that would be
you, Ed) disagrees with.

Ed, not to mince words, you are the lowest form of person on the Internet --
someone who's sole purpose in life is to berate other people on a list
designed
to share information, and a sense of friendship. If anyone ever went against
the very grain of this list, if would be you, sir.

BEN RUSET
http://members.home.com/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring         http://members.home.com/mgbhaven
1978 MGB "ulcer in progress"                            1989 Mercury Cougar LS
"ghetto cruiser"