Re: Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B

To: dhw@atomic.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:26:43 EDT

<< I have a very early 74B, I think it is one of the first 50 built and I also
 have an early 73B, my 74 has the same overriders on the bumpers that my 73
 has.  A friend has a later 74 and his has the black pencil eraser looking
 things on the front bumpers.  The car also has a metal emblem on the boot
 lid along with the different steering wheel.  It also had the ass sensor
 setup for the seat belt system.  As far as I can tell, these are the only
 differences but like the SO says, I could be wrong >>
My "74" was made in DEC 73 according to plate inside door. It has eggcrate
grill, plastic emblem on boot and solid spokes on steering wheel. Ass sensors
for seat belt were removed when I redid floorboards. Overriders are the less
offensive size but SPO probably downsized them. The metal around the eggcrate
is a brushed aluminum that has seen better days. Any ideas besides $125 for a
new grille.
robmgb
74B