Re: Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B was Re: MGB on TV

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fw: Diff between '73 and early '74 B was Re: MGB on TV
From: Don Walton <dhw@atomic.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:11:34 -0400
At 07:03 PM 7/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:33 PM 7/13/98 -0400, Kai Radicke wrote:
>>
>>70-72 had the indented grill style.  Switched back to MK1 grill in 73-74.
>

>Nope.  73-74 had the black "honeycomb" grille rather than the vertical
>"louvers" ???
>

>>74 also had ugly blocks of rubber mounted to the bumpers...

I have a very early 74B, I think it is one of the first 50 built and I also
have an early 73B, my 74 has the same overriders on the bumpers that my 73
has.  A friend has a later 74 and his has the black pencil eraser looking
things on the front bumpers.  The car also has a metal emblem on the boot
lid along with the different steering wheel.  It also had the ass sensor
setup for the seat belt system.  As far as I can tell, these are the only
differences but like the SO says, I could be wrong.