Insurance

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Insurance
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:03:55 EDT
<<If you are so 'cheap' as
to HAVE to purchase  "collector" plates you do not belong in the
hobby [IMHO, of course!!].  I would have loved to have seen (as
here in IL a $ 75.00 ticket issued for a $ 24.00 plate that would
have normally cost $ 48.00) you have to pay.

Maybe I am missing something here, but if the state offers a particular sort
of plate, what is wrong with buying it and complying with the use restrictions
that go with it?
In BC, we have collector's plates, and 'fleet' collector's plates transferable
between listed vehicles. While our insurance goes with the plates (so we are
talking $800, not $24), are you saying that I am too cheap because I don't pay
3 times the rate to have all 3 of my cars insured separately?

As for the remark about not belonging in the MG hobby, well there are no rules
of membership for a hobby, and absolutely anyone can partake. Obviously.

Bill S.