Autocross this weekend

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Autocross this weekend
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:28:09 -0500
For those of you in the area with nothing else to do Sunday,  There will
be a few of your fellow list members out chasing cones this weekend.
There is and autocross at Dakota County Technical College just southeast
of St. Paul.  For a map and more info look up:

http://www.visi.com/mac/

And got to events then map here

So far list members that I know are planning to attend include:

Phil Vanner and his Mk 1 Midget cone monster
Bob Allen and his Camaro family truckster
Mike Hirschman as crew for son Anthony's German Supercar (aka 944 P
Wagon)
Yours Truly and the 61 A

This is a semi official event for our local MG club so I hope to see other
interesting cars.  Almost all stock LBC's are in H stock now so if you ever
wanted to show a Geo Metro the fast way around the track now's your
chance.  If you have a Snell 85 rated or better motorcycle helmet bring it
along although the club and other racer's do have loaners.  As far as the
tech inspection, the biggest reason for failure is not having the battery
tied down so grab a bungee and strap that sucker down even if, like the
A, it wouldn't come out if you turned the car over and shook it.  Stock tie
downs are fine.

Registration closes at 10:00 AM and runs will go on until 4:00 PM or so.
At the end there will be chances to ride or drive with others so that you
can learn the fast line for next time.

Bring plenty to drink.  They will run if it is a little wet usually but
downpours stop the action.  Even if you don't want to stretch your wire
wheels, come on out and say hi.  Phil and I at least should be pretty easy
to find since red MGA's and Mk I Midgets are not exactly a dime a dozen
at these things.  As for Bob,  just listen ;-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA looking forward to a day of good exercise