Re: Taking the carbs off...

To: "Blake M. Wylie" <bwylie@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: Taking the carbs off...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:34:14 -0600
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:18:22 -0500 (CDT), Blake M. Wylie wrote:

>Any tricks in getting the carbs off complete and attached with the intake
>manifold?  Seems pretty straight forward, but I've never done it before.
>How many bolts hold it into place?

Four nuts hold the carbs and the intake on; and of course the linkage.

> Will the exaust come off when I take the bolts off?  Just wondering...  :)

There are a few more bolts that hold the exaust on.  You will also probably
have to remove
the lower nuts on the exaust to get that off if you need to.  You should
probably get some
rust breaker for those.  (I did it without any, but I think I got lucky.)

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren