Re: How to remove door panel from B?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: How to remove door panel from B?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:14:33 EDT
On Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:44:36 EDT BobMGT@aol.com writes:
>How does one remove a door panel on a 71 MGB? I'm tempted to just
>start prying
>with a screwdriver, but I thought I'd better check with someone in the
>know.
>
>BTW, I'm not replacing the panel so I need to remove it without
>damage. I just
>want to get to the hinge to try to adjust the door drop a little.
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
>52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
>71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336

Bob -
you'll be fine with a screwdrver, preferably a wide blade as the panels
on a 71 are held in with plastic barbed clips which just pop out.
-Remember to take the door cap, window winder, latch trims and door pull
off first. The clips may be brittle and some may break(BTDT many times!)
but are mercifully very cheap.
This will all seem very simple after youve tried to adjust the hinges!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster