Re: Attitude on the loose

To: barneymg1@juno.com (Barney Gaylord), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Attitude on the loose
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:14:44 -0400
At 02:20 AM 7/20/98 -0500, Barney Gaylord wrote:

>Greetings from Nashville.  Just passing through.

>Just completed two days of SCCA autocross at Vermillion County Airport in

>Danville, Illinois.

>Monday I'm heading over to Ocoee, TN (about 3 hours drive east) to do a

>little white water rafing in the afternoon on the Ocoee River.  In the

>evening I think I'll camp out in the rafting company's campground, then

>the MGA can have its traditional midnight run up the winding road along

>the river (empty road, no Smokeys).   8-O   Makes for some nice echos off

>the canyon walls in the quiet of the night.

>Then on Tuesday it's back over to Chattanooga for GT-23.  I'll have a

>phone line again for a few days, so I can let you know how it's going.

Barney, I don't mean to be a sourpuss, but don't you have a REAL job :).  I
mean heck, you spend four days autocrossing and raising heck.

Don't worry!  The stock market has been going very well for me the last few
years, so I think my goal of retiring at age 30 isn't at all unreasonable.

BTW, anybody from the Atlanta, GA area?  I have auto-x fever.  Anybody have any
info for me?  Do I need a rollbar?

I took some backroads in the B last night.  Sharp twisties, undulating hills.
Mega awesome.  For you old farts, "mega awesome" translates into "groovy."  I
don't think I could ever get that "sh*t-eating grin" off my face last night,
even if I wanted to.

Happy Jay in Hotlanta, GA

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.