Re: Moss Festival

To: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moss Festival
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:36:11 -0500
Hey Pat (and Listers!):

My family and I just returned last night from a 1400 mile trip to the Moss
Festival in Southern CA.  We had a ton of fun and it was great seeing all
the cars.  We traveled down Highway 1 on the coast; a caravan of a Taurus,
my '67 GT (with MGB trailer in tow) and my folks in their XJ6.  A total of
10 people!  Everywhere we camped, people asked about our little Tartan Red
trailer!  IF you want attention, then build yourself a MGB trailer.
Frankly, I got a bit tired of it after awhile!

My kids were in shock at the oppressive heat at the Flags Are Up Farm
(100+, compared to 70 degrees at Pismo Beach!)  I thought they were all
going to lynch me, because they were NOT impressed with camping in a horse
pasture.  It would have been helpful for Moss to have told us that there
wouldn't be running water available.  I guess we should have figured that
one out, since there were shower trailers in place (they were nice!).

Lots of enthusiastic Miata owners there, few vendors (I was one of about 9
or 10), LOTS of great and some not so great cars (but they were all there)!
 People were super...lots of comaraderie!  Amazing to see a 1933 MG NE race
car, a Spitfire with a Rover 3500cc engine transplant, a 1932 Rolls Royce
convertible and on and on it goes!

The GT ran with minimal problems.  A leaky radiator cap and rear main seal
were the main culprits.  Pretty good for a 31 year old car that had been in
storage for 18+ months before the trip!  Of course, we won't alk about the
complete brake job that was required the afternoon before departure!

It is amazing how good it feels to be home again!
Cheers,
Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA=A0 USA=A0=A0=A0 http://www.BritishPartsandCars.com=20