Re: Parts problems- MGA/ B series motor

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Parts problems- MGA/ B series motor
From: Bert Palte <vortex@wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:34:41 +0200
At 11:08 22-07-1998 -0500, Bill wrote:

<snip>

>Has anyone else experienced something like this lately?

YES!!!! YES!!!!  YES!!!! Several times!

Brake cylinders non-fitting and leaking, several suspension parts that
wouldn't fit, 'mild steel'(?) bolts for the front suspension of my B where
high-tensile should have been supplied,
A-arm rubbers that have perished within 3000 miles = within 1 year,
wrong, non-fitting parts for the handbrake cable, the handbrake cable itself
that wouldn't fit, wrong specification front suspension springs, the bonnet
release cable cheap imitation, a not fully machined water pump, a defective
90 degree speedo cable drive, mild steel U-bolts instead of high-tensile for
the rear axle and probably many more parts that I currently don't remember
off-hand....

> New is not necessarily better.

I agree!

So much for "British Motor Industries Heritage Approved Suppliers"  :-((
(whatever that may mean; obviously it does NOT mean that they supply
quality (= like new) parts...)

Conclusion: Mail order sucks!

Bert