Re: how do I get dried paint off vinyl interior ??? (also TR6

To: Mike.Cousins@wsnelson.com
Subject: Re: how do I get dried paint off vinyl interior ??? (also TR6
From: barneymg1@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 02:22:39 -0500
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:00:59 -0500 "Mike Cousins"
<Mike.Cousins@wsnelson.com> writes:
>.... The dried up white paint flaked off and got all over the interior
and got baked by the sun.  ....  Should I try to use paint thinner
(mineral spirits), or will this screw up the vinyl ???   Some of the
paint comes up if you scrape it with your fingernail, ....

By way of necessity, I have recently had good luck in removing dried
paint from vinyl using lacquer thinner.  Do not try this with paint on
leather (some of us have to learn the hard way).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude