re: Am I in need of a fuel pump rebuild or replacement?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Am I in need of a fuel pump rebuild or replacement?
From: Sean <imageds@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 05:55:08 -0400
To check and see if its your fuel pump, remove the fuel line going into
the fuel filter and put a cup under it. Try to crank the a couple of
times and see if any fuel gets into the cup. If not you've probably got
a bad fuel pump, an incoming fuel line is clogged or your car has no gas
in it.
If you think that you may have a clogged fuel line, you can remove the
hose going to the pump, put a longer piece of hose into a container of
fuel and do the above again. If it pumps fuel then you've got a clogged
fuel line. If it doesn't, then your fuel pump is probably bad.

BTW, for my midget a fuel pump at VB was $59 + $29 for an "adapter" they
said I needed +shipping. At Advance Auto, I paid $39 with a lifetime
guarantee.