MG J type?

To: "MGs List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MG J type?
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 14:33:31 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I think I have a photograph of an MG J-type. Maybe a J2? The full wings and
running boards don't look right though. I thought they all had cycle-type
mudguards, but I must admit to being totally ignorant of pre-war MGs.

The photo is one I snapped at a GOF event a couple of years back. You may
view it from my web page (address below). Click on MG J2 photo in Table of
Contents. I would really appreciate being set straight on this. Also,
please let me know if this is your car and if you mind if it is displayed
this way.

Thanks in advance.

David F. Darby
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4598