Re: MG J type?

To: MGs List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG J type?
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 15:43:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, David F. Darby wrote:

> I think I have a photograph of an MG J-type. Maybe a J2? The full wings and
> running boards don't look right though. I thought they all had cycle-type
> mudguards, but I must admit to being totally ignorant of pre-war MGs.
>
> The photo is one I snapped at a GOF event a couple of years back. You may
> view it from my web page (address below). Click on MG J2 photo in Table of
> Contents. I would really appreciate being set straight on this. Also,
> please let me know if this is your car and if you mind if it is displayed
> this way.

Early J2s had cycle wings, later ones had full wings.  The car in the
photo looks to me like a late J2, but I'll defer to someone more
knowldgeable about pre-war MGs on that.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net