Re: $1000 MGA saga continues.

To: flybirds@erols.com
Subject: Re: $1000 MGA saga continues.
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 16:35:25 EDT
Kevin...

     Yes, your floats are stuck.  I recommend a rebuild kit.  Not too
complicated and relatively inexpensive.  My floats were stuck on my 1500 when
I got it after it had sat for about 15 years.  Rebuilt both carbs and they
work just great now.

     Same master cylinder for the clutch and the brakes.  Be careful....You
probably have rust in the master cylinder and the wheel cylinders which could
lead to problems when you need brakes....

     Starter not engaging?  Do not know.  You can pull that starter off very
easily and take it into a shop to be checked....

     For starting, pull the choke out all the way, depress the acclerator
about 1/4, and pull the starter knob.  Shoudl start right up...

Joe Ratigan
58 Roadster