Re: Smog woes (part two)

To: Patrick Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Smog woes (part two)
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 03:14:49 -0400
Patrick Bailey wrote:

> This is starting to piss me off and I stilll haven't had the test done
> yet!
> Pat
> (part three to follow)

Pat stay cool, there's not much you can do right now (wait until
election time) keep you eyes on the prize (passing inspection).  The
seized pump is an unfortunate occurrence.  I'm wondering though, if you
weren't having a smog test and the pump seized - what would you have
done? (I know cut the belt and seal off the ports).  Just think the smog
test is helping you maintain originality (tongue firmly in cheek).

Do let me know what your numbers are (including NOx if possible) as I
(and I'm sure many others) will then offer our solutions (some may even
work) to your dilemma.

All inspections (including safety) are a bad joke, made to make the
people who devised them feel good.

Chris Moog
1978 MGB - 75,000 miles, no cat (don't like glowing elements under the
carbs), no air pump, twin SUs, no emissions inspection - but to ease my
conscious about clean air I will sacrifice and install a computer
controlled EFI, three way catalyzed, O2 sensed, V8 this winter (clean
air and real power)
1987 XR4Ti - daily driver, snow vehicle, 170,000 mile with a cat
replacment at 110,000 miles
1990 Mustang 5.0 - 86,000 miles with original emissions equipment