RE: Just getting started

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Just getting started
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:11:03 -0400

>ho there just getting started on buying an MG, got the bug so you could
>say and
>
>Andrew>  welcome to the list and enjoy the MG bug - it's a great bug to have!

I will also welcome you, to the list and the fun.

>I stumbled upon this list (as to think of a better excuse) I am
>just about ready to purchase a Midget but I cannot tell what year it is
>because the door latch has worn off the VIN number and the year/month
>section of the metal plate inside the drivers door and I was wondering if
>there was any other way to tell what year this thing is.
>
>Andrew>  I think the vin# should also be on a metal plaque at the bottom of
>the windshield, drivers side by the defrost vent - at least that's where
>it is
>on the B and if I remember correctly a midget as well.  Or look on the
>title/registration.
Correct

>Andrew>  Sounds like a later 1500 cc Rubber Bumper model with a weber carb
>but the Midget experts on the list can be more specific.
Finally, he gets one right!!

>the body has
>no rust and the top needs new windows in the back and a new paint job is
>in the lineup, all for $1200.
I concur, about the rust. If it is not bad (It seems Midgets rust less
than B's or C's) $1200 is a bargin.

>Andrew>  Be careful about the rust, just because there is no surface rust
>does
>not mean that the car is rust free.  Check underneath, look at the
>floorboards, check the floor of the trunk, check in the engine compartment
>along the sides, check the wheel wells.  Also, use a magnet to make sure the
>car is metal rather than bondo in these areas - other folks on the list with
>Midgets will no doubt have more specific information on checking the car.
>Is
Yep
>Dr. Doug (Who thinks Midgets are great - especially when you've forgotten
>one
>of your roller-skates!!)
Smart ass comments will not be taken lightly.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu