Re: Crane vs. Ignitor - any experience?

To: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>
Subject: Re: Crane vs. Ignitor - any experience?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:24:37 -0400
Rich Mason wrote:

> A friend at work asked if there were any advantages/disadvantages of using
> the aftermarket electronic conversions (Ignitor and Crane both in the MOSS
> catalog).
>
> I've always used points/condensor - so I have no first-hand experience.
>
> Looking at MOSS - the ignitor is cheaper, and completely internal, while the
> Crane has an external box to mount.  Sounds to me the Ignitor is the way to
>go.

  I have an Ignitor in my Midget and a Crane in my B, and both
seem to work just great. I would go with the Ignitor just for
the reasons you mention, but would have no complaints installing
a Crane if you get one at a jumble or something. (which is
more or less what happened to me)

> Anyone have problems with either one?  Any recommendations?  Is Crane the
> same as Allison?

  Yep, same thing. Lumenition is also a similar or identical
device.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/