Re: Fram Filters 77B

To: proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fram Filters 77B
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:03:00 -0800
Andy:
In a word, "Yes" (and Yes and Yes). I'm not sure what brands are
available in Canada, but I'm sure almost anything would be better if
you like to have oil flowing through your oil galleries immediately
after start up. I use WIX 51068 (NAPA 1068) myself. Instant oil
pressure indicated on my mechanical dual gauge after the car has
been sitting for a week. With Fram, a 4 to 6 second wait, then
(finally) oil pressure. I was a life-long Fram user until 3 or 4 years
ago when NAMGBR's MGB Driver magazine ran a series of tech
articles on oil filters.

Regards,
Jerry
'67 MGB GT