Re: Crane vs. Ignitor - any experience?

To: rmason@ro.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Crane vs. Ignitor - any experience?
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 21:01:52 EDT
Rich,
I have had a Crane(Allison) installed on my 71 B for the last three years. Not
once in that time have I had to reset the timing. All my starts are very quick
and the "B" runs great.

Bob, 71 mgb

From: Rich Mason <rmason@ro.com>

Subject: Crane vs. Ignitor - any experience?

A friend at work asked if there were any advantages/disadvantages of using

the aftermarket electronic conversions (Ignitor and Crane both in the MOSS

catalog).

I've always used points/condensor - so I have no first-hand experience.

Looking at MOSS - the ignitor is cheaper, and completely internal, while the

Crane has an external box to mount.  Sounds to me the Ignitor is the way to
go.

Anyone have problems with either one?  Any recommendations?  Is Crane the

same as Allison?

Thanks,<<<