MGB Overdrive LH type

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Overdrive LH type
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 20:57:06 +0000
Hi All,

I have a 74 chrome bumber B with over-drive problems.  I cant find a
discription of the problem in the B tech manual.

Basicly when the engine has been run down the freeway in overdrive and
hot, it won't release until I drop into second.  In third gear it
contantly shifts back and forth in/out when ever I step on the gas it
drops out.  At first I thought it was the clutch but it locks real hard
in gear just at different RPM's.  Could it be the the filter screen on
the relief valve is plugged and wont let the pressure drop off.  I
pulled the bottom screen not much material in there, a little sludge.
What about O-rings could it be leaking by them.

Rick
--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby