Re: wanted/for sale/help

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@mcione.com>
Subject: Re: wanted/for sale/help
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 08:02:43 -0700
Larry Hoy wrote:

> Jim has a good point here,  I have stopped answering model specific
> questions that don't have the model listed in the message. I've spent
> too much time answering a question only to find out later we're
> talking about two different cars!  Remember an MGB isn't just an MGB.
> There are many differences when you compare different years.  Remember
> year, make and model.
>
> Larry Hoy
 TELL US WHERE YOU ARE!!

> > Numerous other posts ask for help, but they don't include
> > MAKE & YEAR!!
> >
> > Boy, do I feel better, now that that is off my chest.
> >
> > Lots of posts would receive better response if we new just a little
> > more.  I can't really help with that wiring problem if I don't know the
> > model & year.
> > Jim Stuart

For the rest of us, here is a list of all those I can think of, how many
went to the America? And to Australasia? Here is a post war UK list:-

MG TC Midget 45/49
MG YA saloon 47/51
MG TD Midget 49/53
MG TD Mk2 49/53
MG YB saloon 51/53
MG YT saloon 48/51
MG TF Midget 53/55
MG TF 1500 55/56
MGA 1500 55/59
MGA 1600 Mk1 59/61
MGA 1600 Mk2 61/62
MGA Twin Cam 58/60
MG ZA saloon 53/56
MG ZB saloon 56/58
MG ZB Varitone 57/58
MG Midget Mk1 61/62
MG Midget Mk1 and a half! 62/64
MG Midget Mk2 64/66
MG Midget Mk3 66/74
MG Midget 1500 74/79
MG 1100 saloon 62/67
MG 1300 saloon 67/69
MG 1300 Mk2 69/71
MGB Mk1 62/67
MGB Mk2 67/69
MGB Mk3 69/80
MGB GT mk1 65/67
MGB GT Mk2 67/69
MGB GT Mk3 69/80
MGB GT V8 72/76
MGC 67/69
MGF 1.8 95....
MGF 1.8i VVC 95.....
MG Mk3 Magnette 59/61
MG Mk4 Magnette 61/67
MG Metro 1300 81/89
MG Metro Turbo 82/88
MG Metro 6R4 85/90
MG RV8 92/96
MG Maestro 83/84
MG Maestro EFi 84/90
MG Maestro 2.0 87/90
MG Montego 2.0 84/90
MG Montego Turbo 85/89
MG Maestro Turbo 88/89

Yes, Larry & Jim are correct, there are a lot of models, AND these even
differ between years within a model range.

Neil
( Pedantic, or what?)