Lead substitutes, Canadian fuel, customs

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lead substitutes, Canadian fuel, customs
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 10:49:25 -0500
I may be taking the MGA on a quick trip though northern Minnesota and
southern Ontario.  As mentioned before, I have been seeing some exhaust
valve recession since I bedded in new stellite exhaust valves.

I bought some STP lead replacement.  I chose it over the other brand
available (can't remember the name) because the other brand said "shake
well before using) and that did not instill confidence in its chemical
composition.  Any thoughts on this?  I am running the motor as rich as I
can and still have it idle so not much more help there.  The head will
probably come off again next spring for hardened seats but that is then and
this is now.

Next question- can you get leaded premium in Canada?

Last question,  I am running classic plates on the A.  I also do not run a
front plate.  Does anyone have experience coming back into the US
(Minnesota) with this combo?  I have had varying experiences with customs
but the trip back is always more "fun" than the trip out.  I just want to
avoid the body cavity search, that's all.

Regards,
Bill Eastman