Re: Lead substitutes, Canadian fuel, customs

To: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Lead substitutes, Canadian fuel, customs
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 11:34:22 -0400
>Last question,  I am running classic plates on the A.  I also do not run a
>front plate.  Does anyone have experience coming back into the US
>(Minnesota) with this combo?  I have had varying experiences with customs
>but the trip back is always more "fun" than the trip out.  I just want to
>avoid the body cavity search, that's all.

I used to have (I don't know where I left it) a nice copy of an ad from the
'62 Mk II which showed the car without front tags or side mirrors.  I
figured that if a cop stopped me, I would show him the pic and point out
that that is the way the car was originally equipped.  But I never get
stopped (knock wood) so I can't speak from experience.

I have a .jpg file to send to you if you want it. It's an old ad.  You
could print it just to carry with you.
Dave
'62 MGA 1600 MkII