??Replacing front disks on'62 MGA questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ??Replacing front disks on'62 MGA questions
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 11:34:16 -0400
I'm replacing the front discs on my '62 MGA.  They've reached minimum
thickness and are slightly out of true.
The manuals show a special tool required, 18G363, for removing the front
hubs. (I have wire wheels.)

Does anyone know where this tool is to be found?  Does anyone have one to
lend? I live in Bloomfield NJ, 20 minutes from Manhatten.  Or is there a
repair shop inthe area that can do the work and has the tools?  I took it
to the guys at the local Meineke shop who are great... (They've worked on
the car twice and didn't charge me a cent for the diagnosis stuff and I
trust them, but alas, they don't have the tool.)

Can anyone help with further details as to how the work is done? Any other
parts or tools needed? As others have noted, the manuals aren't the best
when it comes to the details.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
'62 MGA 1600 MkII