RE: Thought for the day ... about hats

To: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Thought for the day ... about hats
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 09:13:07 -0400
At 12:53 PM 8/8/98 UT, you wrote:
>Here in PA we call them hats -  elderly males who consistently under perform
>the speed limit by 15 to 20 mph.  They all belong to the slow driver tag
team
>club and engage in slow drive tag team activities as sport (that's why when
>one pulls off the road, another gets on right in front of you).  You can
>identify them by the baseball like caps they all wear- hence the term hats.
>They seem to like the sport best during rush hour or when they find someone
>who is in a real hurry.  They hold meets any and everywhere but  have a
>special preference for single lane roads and the passing lane of interstate
>highways.

My father is a two-time president of the club.  He likes to wear his hat
with the brim pointing up at a 45 degree angle from his forehead...
Most events are held at the International House of Pancakes on weekdays
when dinners are half price for all members.  Lacking that, any buffet with
"All-you-can-eat-and-carry-home-in-a-zip-lock-baggie will do quite nicely.
What cracks me up so much is he wears a pair of Harley Davidson sneakers.
I honestly don't think he has any idea what it says on them. He's a former
Baptist minister!
Dave
'62 MGA 1600 MkII