RE: Thought for the day ... about hats

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Thought for the day ... about hats
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:11:51 +0200
FWIW,

We used to call them "gray hairs."

I once drove the Spaulding Turnpike (in my college days) with a friend of
mine.  He was in his   TR-4 and I was in my MGB.  We were side by side,
doing 55 mph, had the traffic backed up for miles.  Got stopped by the New
Hampshire State Police.  The officer asked us, ''what the hell do you think
you are you doing?"

I replied,   "Just driving the speed limit, officer.  You got a problem with
that?  I'm not allowed to go any faster, am I ?"  Well, of course, he had no
answer.

Yes, I know the speed limits have (sort of) changed since then.

"Jay"
1971 MGB  (BRG, no PO)