Re: Oh Well, + vs. - ground

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Oh Well, + vs. - ground
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 10:30:20 -0500
Fellows, there should be no difference between the points set for a
positive-ground and a negative-ground car.  The point set is a switch,
nothing more.  Now, the condensor may be another matter.  Electrolytic
capicitors are usually polarity-sensitive.

  Right after I bought my present B, I changed the points and it
wouldn't run.  Further examination revealed that I hadn't stacked the
wire terminals and washers correctly, resulting in a grounded movable
contact.  The insulating washer goes on first!

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B